PCOS Friendly Recipes
Pinterest Saves the Day!
High Protein Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes: 12 muffins
- 1 cup (225 g) plain Greek yogurt (I used 2 % as that is what I typically buy!)
- 2 medium ripe bananas (200 g or 1 cup mashed)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (160 g) rolled oats (old fashioned or quick)
- 1/4 cup (50 g) brown sugar unpacked (I used Truvia Brown Sugar – Baking and only needed 1/8 cup)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup (85 g) chocolate chips, mini or regular
- Preheat oven to 400F (204C) and prepare a muffin pan by spraying the cavities with cooking spray or lining them with paper liners**. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips to a blender or food processor and process on high until the oats are broken down and batter is smooth and creamy. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about 3/4 full. Optional: sprinkle a few chocolate chips over the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
** if you decide to use paper liners just give them a quick spray with Pam or Cooking Spray just so you get the muffins out easier without sticking.
As noted above: Nutrition Info: 178 calories carbohydrates: 30 grams protein: 7 grams fat: 4 grams
With Truvia Brown Sugar & 2 % Greek Yogurt: Nutrition Info: 189 calories carbohydrates: 29 grams protein: 8 grams fat: 5 grams
Add 1 tablespoon butter = + 120 calories, 0 grams of carbohydrates, 12 grams of fat
Add 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter = + 90 calories, 4 grams of carbohydrates, 4 grams of fat